Top Trending Defence Exams after 12th and Graduation
The Indian Defence forces are the country’s true protector. India is renowned as land of brave people who would not hesitate to protect their country and even sacrifice their lives for it. The defence forces carry a league of being amicable with the good ones while posing a threat to the nemesis. The whole world admires the gallantry defence forces of India. People across the world have listened to the rip-roaring stories of Indian army that exudes their valour and bravery. The Indian defence forces are the country’s pride and a power that its people can depend on.
The Indian defence forces have a long and illustrious tradition of victories over foes. They are revered as a symbol of bravery. Youngsters of India are jingoistic and aim to join the defence forces with the intention to serve their motherland. The defence forces of India conduct myriad exams for recruiting capable personnel. There are ample opportunities available to students who yearn to enter the Indian defence forces.
Here is a list of top trending defence exams after 12th and graduation:
- NDA exam
- UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission) administers the National Defence Academy exams twice a year.
- The NDA exam can be applied by students who have cleared their 12th class examinations.
- The NDA exam is conducted in two parts: an offline examination followed by an SSB interview.
- Candidates who complete these phases are accepted into the National Defence Academy in Khadakwasla, where they will study for three years.
- After completing this course, army cadets attend the Indian Military Academy in Dehradun, Navy cadets attend the Indian Naval Academy in Ezhimala, air force cadets attend the Indian Air Force Academy in Hyderabad, where they receive a one year training before being selected as officers in the respective services.
While preparing for the NDA exam, candidates can choose to join a reputed NDA coaching centre in Chandigarh.
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES)
- TES is for students who have completed their 12th grade with subjects: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- This is a technical entry for students who have completed class 12th (Science stream) and have a minimum of 70% in the main subjects of chemistry, physics and mathematics.
- TES cutoff marks are used to shortlist candidates. The TES SSB interview is only for those who have been shortlisted.
3. CDS exam
The Union Public Service Commission, or UPSC, conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam twice a year for various branches of the Indian Armed Forces, such as the Air Force, Army, and Navy. Exams are usually held in the months of February and November. To qualify for the CDS test, candidates must be graduates.
Details of the CDS exam are explained below:
|Exam Conducting Authority||Union Public Service Commission, UPSC|
|Selection Phase||Written Exam SSB Interview/Personality Test Document Verification Medical Examination|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|CDS Subjects||English Elementary Mathematics General Knowledge|
|Negative Marking||1/3 is deducted for every wrong attempt|
Those who want proper guidance while preparing for the CDS exam, they can connect with the most esteemable CDS coaching institute in Chandigarh.
- Central Armed Police Forces (Assistant Commandant)
Union Public Service Commission administers the CAPF Assistant Commandant (AC) test. Candidates who pass the CAPF AC exam will be assigned to one of the following units: Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Border Security Force(BSF), Central Industrial security Force(CISF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) or Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
Details of this exams are mentioned hereunder:
|Exam conducting Authority||Union Public service Commission, UPSC|
|Selection process||Written Exam Physical Efficiency Test Interview/Personality Test Final Merit List|
|CAPF subjects||Paper I: General Ability & Intelligence Paper II: Descriptive|
|Negative marking||For every wrong answer, 1/3rd mark is deducted.|
- AFCAT exam
The Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is held twice a year by the Indian Air force in February and August. Among the other defence exams for engineers, this is one of the most coveted exams. Candidates who qualify the AFCAT exam are assigned to either the technical branch (Short service and permanent commission), ground duty branch (Short service or permanent commission) or flying branch (Short service commission).
Details of the AFCAT exam are elaborated as below:
|Exam Conducting Authority||Indian Air force (IAF)|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Selection Process||Written exam SSB Interview/Personality Test Medical examination Final Merit List|
|EKT subjects||Mechanical Computer science Electronics|
|AFCAT Subjects||Numerical Ability Verbal ability Reasoning and Military Aptitude General Awareness|
|Negative Marking||For each wrong answer, 1 mark is deducted|
Are you planning to qualify the AFCAT exam? If yes, joining a leading institute that offers superior AFCAT coaching classes in Chandigarh can help you clear the exam with flying colours.
The list of top trending defence exams after 12th and graduation is mentioned above. Those who have a burning desire to enter the Indian armed forces, they can choose to appear for any aforementioned exam.
One thought on “Top Trending Defence Exams after 12th and Graduation”
Pingback: Faculty of Economics: Main Degree Courses You Can Choose From